1.1 These Terms and Conditions form the basis of the Zagrosjet Z Miles Programme. They are intended to protect both Members and Zagrosjet. It is the Member’s responsibility to read, understand and adhere to them.
1.2 These General Terms and Conditions of the Zagrosjet Z Miles Programme replace any previous Terms and Conditions and shall prevail notwithstanding any publicity material published by Zagrosjet or Zagrosjet Frequent Flyer Programme (Z Miles).
1.3 These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (September 2016) and may be amended from time to time. Members should refer to www.zagrosjet.com for future amendments.
1.4 The Terms and Conditions applicable to redemption will be those enforced at the time the Miles are redeemed for the Award.
In these Terms and Conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
2.1 Z Miles means the Frequent Flyer Programme of Zagrosjet
2.2 Active Member at a point in time, means a Member who has earned or spent Miles on their Membership account within the previous consecutive 22-month period and shows ‘Active’
2.3 Status Z Miles means any Zagrosjet product or service which has been nominated by Zagrosjet Z Miles as eligible to be obtained by a Member spending Miles through Z Miles, a Z Miles Flight, a Flight Upgrade; or Excess Payment
2.4 Z Miles Flight means a flight on Zagrosjet, which may be obtained by spending Miles through Z Miles subject to these Terms and Conditions;
2.5 Tier Miles means the number of Miles earned for any activity by a Member, excluding any Bonus Miles;
2.6 Benefits mean any of the facilities, discounts, services or arrangements offered or available to a Member from time to time as a result of membership in Z Miles including earning and spending Miles;
2.7 Bonus Miles means Miles earned from Zagrosjet and promotional offers and contribute towards Mileage accumulation and not towards your Tier Status. The following are categorized as Bonus Miles:
- a) Enrolment Bonus Miles
- b) Class of Service (Business class) Bonus Miles
- c) Appreciation Bonus Miles
- d) Tier Activity Bonus Miles
- e) Threshold Bonus Miles
2.8 Class of Service Bonus means additional Miles Awarded for travel in a particular class of travel on an eligible flight;
2.9 Expiry of Miles means Miles expiring; Z Miles are valid for two years after the year in which they are earned;
2.10 Flight Sector means a single non-stop journey from origin to destination;
2.11 Flight Upgrade means the spending of Miles for travel in a cabin, one class higher than the class for the fare paid;
2.12 Member means an individual who is enrolled and accepted in the Z Miles Programme;
2.13 Membership Card means the Z Miles card that Zagrosjet may issue to the Member;
2.14 Miles means the currency used in the Z Miles Programme pursuant to these Terms and Conditions;
2.15 Tier Activity Bonus means additional Miles awarded to Members achieving a particular status level for travel on certain eligible flights;
2.16 Tier Miles are Miles which are awarded to Members and which entitle Members to attain a higher Programme status level or retain a current status level. By accumulating Tier Miles, members will be able to move from one tier to another; hence tier miles are what determine the members’ tier (card status). These miles expire in 2 years, and the member begins after 2 years with the status level (tier) from last year but with zero tier miles. If in the new tier term, the member does not maintain his/her tier miles he/she will be downgraded to the tier achieved previously.
2.17 Award Miles: by accumulating award miles members are entitled to spend these miles on redeeming award tickets, and spending at partner companies. These miles do expire after 2 years.
2.18 Zagrosjet Call Centre means the center established by Zagrosjet where membership information is processed and the Z Miles Programme is administered.
- Eligibility of Membership
3.1 If younger than 18 years old, by accepting the terms and conditions the passenger is stating that they have consent from the legal guardian or parent to become a member.
3.2 Membership of Z Miles is available to individuals in their personal capacity and companies
3.3 Zagrosjet has the sole discretion whether to accept or reject any application for membership.
3.4 Membership will be established in the individual’s personal capacity and name as it appears on the member’s valid passport and/or official national identification document. Only such Member may earn Miles on this membership number.
3.5 Any change to Membership details via Zagrosjet Call Centre may only be effected in writing or electronically with proof of valid identification.
3.6 Only one Z Miles membership enrolment per person can be accepted.
3.7 In the case of a new enrolment, Sectors flown on Zagrosjet during the immediate preceding 90 days prior to such enrolment may be submitted to Z Miles for crediting to such a Member on submission of the required documentation.
3.8 When utilizing any of the services and benefits offered by Z Miles, your valid card must be available for verification. If your card is not presented, services and benefits may be denied
- Earning Miles
4.1 Z Miles membership number
- a) Members must always quote their Z Miles membership number when using the services to making reservations with Zagrosjet.
- b) Z Miles membership numbers, along with the member’s first name(s) and surname should also be confirmed when collecting airline tickets and upon check-in at the airport and utilizing the service of Zagrosjet.
- c) Incorrect Z Miles numbers provided when making reservations or during utilization of the services of any of Zagrosjet cannot be changed at the check-in counters or partner reception desks.
4.2 Zagrosjet and the Z Miles Programme
- a) Miles are earned when using the services of Zagrosjet. The rate of earning shall be in accordance with the earning schedule as applicable at any given time.
- b) The earning schedule is subject to change without notice.
- c) Members may earn Miles on any eligible fare per flown sector, i.e. any flight for which a separate ticket coupon is issued. For example, a Windhoek to Cape Town return ticket consists of two coupons: one from Windhoek to Cape Town, and the second for the return portion. Miles can be accumulated only once per flight, regardless of the number of seats purchased, and the Member must actually fly as a passenger to receive credit.
- d) No miles shall be earned for industry travel, AD/ID tickets, and tour operator tickets, tickets based on unpublished fares, charter tickets, Z Miles redemption tickets, compensation tickets, sponsorship tickets, and pets and blocked off aircraft seats.
- e) Travel on an Upgrade Z Miles or compensation upgrade voucher shall only earn Miles according to the actual fare purchased.
- f) Zagrosjet reserves the right to debit the account of any Member who has acquired Miles unduly.
- g) A member cannot earn miles from another passenger’s ticket irrespective of the payment source except if it is a Family Pool or Corporate Account.
- Tier Status and Benefits
5.1 Only Tier Miles earned on Z Miles and Sector Tiring on Zagrosjet shall determine a member’s Tier for Silver and Gold status.
5.2 All Tier benefits are only available if travelling on Zagrosjet, unless otherwise specified by Zagrosjet. These benefits are only applicable to the registered member/corporate.
5.3 Benefits Guidebook' means the Z Mile Frequent Flyer Program Membership Benefits Guidebook published by Zagrosjet.
- Cancelled Zagrosjet flights and involuntary transfers
6.1 Should a Member be transferred to another Zagrosjet flight, which is different from the issued ticket, only the corresponding Mileage of the new flight will be accrued to the member’s account.
6.2 Should Zagrosjet cancel a flight and passengers re-protected on another airline, the miles for the original ticket cannot be claimed on Zagrosjet.
- Claiming Missing Miles
7.1 Zagrosjet Z Miles Members will be able to login to their Z Miles Member Portal where they can click on “Claim Missing Miles” in which he/she is required to enter: • Flight Date • [Departure - Arrival] or [PNR] or [Ticket Number] Once this information is retrieved from the member, it is checked online internally for validation. In case the claim is valid, member is credited immediately automatically and notified of their successful claim.
7.2 If it is done through contacting Zagrosjet Office, legible original copies of airline tickets, e ticket confirmation and original boarding passes as well as all partner invoices should be retained until the Miles are reflected on the member’s Z Miles Mileage Summary.
7.3 Miles should reflect on member’s Mileage Summary within 15 days of using the services of Zagrosjet, and within 45 days of any partner activity.
7.4 If Miles for an activity are not reflected, members must submit the relevant documents mentioned above, not later than 30 days prior to expiry of the required time frame, to the nearest Zagrosjet Call Centre/Office to be updated accordingly. Altered documents are not acceptable.
7.5 Retro Claims for flights can only be done 12 months back.
7.6 For travel with electronic ticketing, payment receipts are accepted together with original boarding passes.
- Expiry of Miles
8.1 All Z Miles earned are valid for 2 years after the year in which such Miles were earned.
8.2 Members will be informed of miles expiry in advance through monthly newsletters/statements. Once miles expire, they cannot be re-instated.
- Conditions of Travel
Travel on Zagrosjet will be subject to the appropriate carrier’s filed tariffs and standard conditions of carriage.
- Spending Miles
- a) Award tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Z Miles ticket must be issued before the miles expires.
- b) Z Miles may be exchanged for a confirmed flight, class upgrade and a special event or activity.
- c) Zagrosjet is the sole authority with respect to the redemption and/or issuance of Z Miles.
- d) Z Miles and Z Miles tickets are not redeemable for cash or any other consideration.
- e) Miles may not be sold, or bartered. If determined that any Miles or airline tickets have been obtained in this manner, they will be deemed void and confiscated and all members concerned may be disqualified from further participation in the Programme.
- f) A Member may request Z Miles for their personal use or anyone else they designate. However, the Member bears the sole responsibility for the use of the Miles. It can also be done online on Member Portal
- g) Z Miles tickets are not transferable.
- h) Zagrosjet reserves the right to request proof of identification of any person making use of any services or benefits of the Z Miles Programme and may refuse services in the absence of such identification.
- i) It is the responsibility of each Member to keep track of any and all redemptions made against their account.
- j) No Mileage disputes will be considered unless notified in writing within 90 days of the date the Z Miles was issued. A signed, written request, along with a copy of the member’s ID or passport must be sent to Z Miles Programme Coordinator.
10.2 Z Miles Availability
All Z Miles are subject to capacity control and/or blackout periods as applicable from time to time, subject to change without prior notice.
10.3 Requesting Z Miles
- a) Z Miles tickets may be redeemed telephonically by calling the Zagrosjet Call Centre or online.
- b) For office calls, Z Miles are processed during the respective office hours. For further convenience please refer to www.zagrosjet.com. For online Award Ticket purchases (redemptions), member can do it online anytime.
- c) Z Miles should be requested 5 days before the travel date.
- d) Zagrosjet is not liable for any delays of travel date(s) or delays in processing Z Miles as a result of insufficient documents, processing time or delivery time allowed.
- e) If a Member is legally incompetent, their legal guardian must sign for the Z Miles request. In some circumstances further documentation may be required.
- F) The Member must have sufficient Z Miles for the Z Miles required. The relevant number of Miles will be withdrawn from the member’s account in accordance with the Z Miles selected as described in the most recently published Z Miles Chart.
- g) Z Miles are automated. Once the Miles are withdrawn from the member’s Z Miles account, the relevant details are inserted into the reservation system’s reference.
10.4 Issuing Z Miles tickets
Z Miles tickets are confirmed bookings and must be issued according to ticket time limit rules and regulations.
10.5 Flight routings applicable for Z Miles
10.6 Zagrosjet Z Miles Travel Conditions
- a) Only one Zagrosjet Z Miles may be used per passenger, per flight. Z Miles cannot be combined.
- b) Z Miles may not be used with any other discount or promotion.
- c) Z Miles must be on flights operated by the airline specified in the published Z Miles charts.
- d) In the event of flight cancellations:
- The passenger will be transferred to the next available Zagrosjet flight.
- The passenger will travel in the class of service actually purchased (passenger’s original airline ticket purchased), and not the upgraded class, when travelling with a Z Miles Upgrade
- e) Z Miles travel is subject to all governmental and regulatory approvals.
10.7 Upgrade Z Miles
- a) These may be used in conjunction with individual specified fare.
- b) Members must adhere to all restrictions of the original fare (ticket) purchased.
- c) Z Miles upgrades may only be to the next higher class.
- d) Members must purchase confirmed tickets in the lower class of travel, then request the relevant Upgrade Z Miles. Once the applicable Miles have been withdrawn from the member’s Z Miles account, the change to the reservation will be made and the Member can then arrange to have the airline ticket re-issued accordingly. Members can do this function online once logged into Z Miles Member Portal.
- e) All Z Miles upgrades are subject to seat availability of the applicable class of seat.
10.8 Change of Z Miles, unused Z Miles and Redeposit
- a) Once Z Miles tickets have been issued, they are not transferable.
- b) Payment may be made by credit card, cash, debit card, electronic, bank transfer and invoice when dealing with Zagrosjet Call Centre/Ticketing Office. Details of the credit card number, issuing bank, and card expiry date are required. A credit card authorization form must be completed (obtainable from Zagrosjet) to validate any credit card payment.
- c) If expired Miles are included in Z Miles to be reversed, these Miles will not be redeposited, and therefore are considered void.
- d) Z Miles tickets cannot be changed or endorsed by another carrier.
- Modification and suspension rights
11.1 Z Miles reserve the right to modify or suspend the Z Miles Programme, or any aspect thereof, without notice; and/or cancel the Programme in its entirety with six months’ notice to active members.
11.2 Z Miles reserve the right to cease mailing of the Z Miles Programme updates and related materials to any Member who has not accumulated Mileage for a twelve-month period.
11.3 No Z Miles information shall be forwarded to inactive members.
11.4 Cities served and flight schedules may be changed or cancelled at any time at the discretion of Zagrosjet and Z Miles, with or without notice.
11.5 Zagrosjet and the Z Miles Programme reserve the right to exclude certain fares, rates, services and/or programmes from earning Miles.
11.6 Z Miles participation is subject to all laws, government or other regulatory rules, policies, procedures and requirements as applicable from time to time.
- Disqualification and suspension of members
12.1 Zagrosjet reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to suspend or terminate any Z Miles account and/or to disqualify anyone from participating or further participating in the Z Miles Programme at any time.
12.2 Members shall adhere to and strictly comply with all terms, conditions, rules and regulations applicable to the Z Miles Programme and Zagrosjet, terms and conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage and shall be courteous and respectful in dealing with any staff, agents or employees of Zagrosjet. Any breach, abuse or misuse of any of the aforementioned and/or any Z Miles benefits shall:
- a) Entitle Zagrosjet to forthwith suspend and/or disqualify such Members from participation or further participation in the Z Miles Programme and to cancel all previously accumulated Miles;
- b) Be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies as may be available to Zagrosjet, whether at law, or otherwise;
- c) Render the Member liable for all legal costs and expenses as may be incurred by Zagrosjet pursuant thereto. This right includes the fraudulent acquisition of Miles or Z Miles.
12.3 If Zagrosjet determines that a flight ticket has been acquired by means of the Z Miles Programme for which a passenger or Member does not qualify or has inter alia been bought, sold, bartered, pooled or stolen, the Miles and or ticket will be cancelled, confiscated and not honored. The traveler will be liable for payment of a full-fare return journey. Individuals selling or bartering Z Miles may be liable for damages and litigation costs and their participation in the Z Miles Programme may be terminated.
12.4 Zagrosjet reserves the right to audit and suspend any Z Miles account until such audit is completed.
- Deceased Z Miles Members
13.1 Z Miles must be informed of the member’s death and a valid death certificate must be submitted to the nearest Zagrosjet Call Centre.
13.2 Accumulated Miles from the deceased member’s account cannot be split among family members unless specified in the member’s last will and testament, nor be combined with any other Z Miles membership number.
- Exclusion of liability
Zagrosjet will not assume responsibility to the Member (or any person nominated by them for a Z Miles) for any indirect, consequential or special damages, howsoever caused, whether arising from any act or omission of Zagrosjet, or any third party for whom Zagrosjet is vicariously responsible (contractually or otherwise).
- Limitation of liability
Any claim the Member or the holder of any Z Miles issued may have against Zagrosjet:
May only be brought in the Magistrate Court of Iraq, the jurisdiction of which the Member consents;
- No representations
Members may not rely on any representation or term express, understood or implied, which allegedly induced them to become a Member of the Z Miles Programme, unless such representation is recorded herein or in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative on behalf of Zagrosjet.
- Variation, cancellation and waiver
17.1 Zagrosjet shall be entitled to amend or revise the Z Miles Programme terms and conditions at any time.
17.2 No contract varying, adding to, deleting from or cancelling of this agreement (and no waiver of any right under this agreement) may be claimed by the Member unless such is in writing and is signed by or on behalf of Zagrosjet by a duly authorized representative.
Members may not cede their rights nor delegate their obligations at any time, except as expressly set out herein.
- Applicable law
This agreement shall be interpreted and implemented in accordance with the law of the Republic of Iraq.
- Conflicts and ambiguities
If there is any conflict between these terms and any other terms, rules or regulations of the Z Miles Programme, or any Z Miles thereunder, or if there is any ambiguity, inconsistency or omission, it shall be referred to the Coordinator of Z Miles. His/Her decision on this matter shall be final and binding on the member.
- Electronic communications and transactions
- a) Z Miles endeavors to protect a user’s privacy.
- b) No personal information will be disclosed to third parties without the user’s permission or due process, however, Z Miles may share personal information with business partners.
- c) Z Miles gathers, and will be, in possession of the following private and personal information of users and passengers:
- d) Information provided by the user voluntarily - this information is used to provide a better service to users;
21.2 By using www.zagrosjet.com the user consents to the following:
- a) Z Miles may use your personal information to communicate with the user from time to time;
- b) Users may indicate if they do not wish to receive such communications;
- c)zagrosjet.com may use user’s information for non-personal statistical purposes;
- d)zagrosjet.com retains the copyright in databases of personal information of users; and
- e) Z Miles may share user’s information with business partners for commercial reasons.
21.3 Security of information
All reasonable steps will be taken to secure user information.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION!